2005 Solo Exhibition, Vienna, Austria

2006 “Mixed Media Dialogue”, Nanaimo Art Museum, Canada

2007 “Chinese elements”, M50 Shanghai

2008 Solo Exhibition, Shang Gallery, Shanghai

2011 “Boat”, Hague Art Museum Exhibition

Media Coverage: “Artists”, “All About Art”, “Shanghai Artists”,

Shanghai Tatler, Shanghai Daily

<작가노트>

China’s ancient culture inspired me to choose mixed materials to express my artistic thoughts. When I encounter historical artistic objects, I want to reveal not only the essence of the art but also the tradition and wisdom which is at the heart of the works. Much wisdom has been overlooked by contemporary artists. My aim is to awaken the viewer’s perceptions to the depth of ancient culture. I call this series of paintings, “Return to the Ancients”.

I hope to convey my emotions by using Chinese symbolic elements in my works. I chose to use hundred- year old contracts in my “Contract Series” because these contracts soon will disappear. I wanted to keep them in a way that still would carry their original purpose. They were meant to protect the stability of homes and companies and suggest the hope of prosperity.

중국의 고대 문화는 나의 예술적 생각을 표현하기 위한 매체의 혼합에 영감을 준다. 나는 오래된 예술작품과 마주했을 때 그것의 본질뿐 아니라 작품의 중심에 있는 전통과 지식도 같이 드러내고 싶었다. 많은 지식(지혜)들이 현대미술작가들에 의해 간과되고 있기 때문이다. 그래서 나의 작업이 관람자들에게 고대문화의 깊이에 대한 인식(지각)을 깨워주길 희망한다. 나는 이 시리즈의 작업을 과거로의 회귀라고 부른다.

그리고 중국의 상징적인 요소들을 통해 나의 감정이 전달되기를 바란다. 100여 년 전의 계약서들이 나의 계약 시리즈에 사용되는 이유는 그것들이 곧 사라질 것이기 때문이다. 나는 그것들이 집과 회사의 안정과 번영의 희망을 말해주는 본래의 의미를 유지하기를 바란다.